This workshop is part of the initiative started by the ICA Commission on Location-Based Services, with the aim to develop a cross-cutting research agenda, identifying key research questions and challenges that are essential for the LBS development in the next 5 or 10 years. The details of the initiative are available here at: http://lbs.icaci.org/research-agenda/.
At the first step in this process, we have received 31 one-paragraph proposals. Based on these proposals, we have complied a first list of “key problems” (PDF). This workshop will discuss these key problems in details, and aims to refine and improve this list and develop a work plan for the LBS research agenda paper.
Workshop Program (Sunday November 13, 2016, download as a PDF)
- 13:30 Arrival
- 13:45-14:15 Welcome, and introduction of the LBS research agenda initiative
- 14:15-15:30 Group discussion and presentation I: the landscape (focusing on high-level topics)
- Three groups
- 45′ group discussion + 30′ group presentation (each group 10′)
- 15:30-16:00 Coffee break
- 16:00-17:30 Group discussion and presentation II: the detailed topics
- Three groups
- One hour group discussion + 30′ group presentation (each group 10′)
- 17:30-18:00 Wrap up, and develop a work plan for the LBS research agenda paper
- 18:30 Joint dinner (optional, on own expensive): Asia Pavillon, Favoritenstraße 1
What to prepare before going to the workshop
To have a fruitful discussion and outcome, we kindly request everyone to have a close look at the first list of “key problems”, and bring comments and suggestions to the workshop.
Kontaktraum (TU Wien), 6th floor, Gusshausstrasse 27-29, 1040 Vienna
The closest metro stations: Taubstummengasse (U1) and Karlsplatz (U1, U2, U4).